NIMS DM / M.Ch Super Specialty Course Admissions through NIMSET – 2014.
NIZAM’S INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
(A University Established Under the State Act)
PUNJAGUTTA, HYDERABAD-500 082 (A.P.)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates of Andhra Pradesh for admission into the DM/M.Ch super specialty courses for the year 2014.
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed (MD/MS/DNB) examination from Medical Colleges recognized by MCI or its statutory equivalent are eligible.
Courses, Duration and Entry Qualification
|Subject||No. of seats||Duration (years)||Entry qualification *|
|DM (Cardiology)||8||3||MD/DNB in General Medicine/Paediatrics/ Respiratory Medicine|
|DM (Neurology)||8||3||MD/DNB in General Medicine/Paediatrics|
|DM (Nephrology)||4||3||MD/DNB in General Medicine/Paediatrics|
|DM (Clinical Pharmacology)||4||3||MD/DNB in Pharmacology|
|DM (Medical Oncology)||3||3||MD/DNB in General Medicine/Paediatrics/ Radiotherapy|
|DM (Rheumatology)||3||3||MD/DNB in General Medicine/Paediatrics|
|M.Ch.(Urology)||4||3||MS/DNB in General Surgery|
|M.Ch. (Cardiothoracic Surgery)||6||3||MS/DNB in General Surgery|
|M.Ch. (Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery)||4||3||MS/DNB in General Surgery|
|M.Ch. (Neurosurgery)||6||3||MS/DNB in General Surgery|
1. Application form is available at www.nims.edu.in from 09-04-2014 to 30-04-2014.
2. A candidate must submit hard copy of the application form.
3. The application form may be downloaded and filled appropriately. Please note that all the columns in the application form require to be filled in. Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected.
4. A demand draft may be obtained for Rs.2,000/- (Rupees two thousand only) in favour of the Director, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, payable at Hyderabad or by paying Rs.2,000/- in NIMS cash counter in person towards application fee. The candidates must write his/her name and course applied for on the back side of the DD/NIMS cash receipt. Application fee is non-refundable even if the application is summarily rejected. The demand draft or NIMS cash receipt shall be dated between 09-04-2014 to 30-04-2014.
6. The filled-in Application form will have to be printed and signed. The hard copy of the filled-in application form with all necessary documents (Annexure I) and the DD/NIMS cash receipt shall be submitted in person or sent by post to the Associate Dean, Aptitude Testing, 2nd floor, Old OPD Block, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad -500 082, Andhra Pradesh on or before 5.00 PM on 03-05-2014.
Entrance Test: The entrance examination shall be conducted at the venue, date and time specified by the Institute in Hall Ticket.
Method of Selection: Selection will be made based on the performance of the candidates at the entrance test. A candidate has to secure a minimum of 50 % of marks to qualify for admission into the course.
Download the Prospectus for complete details: