ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Ltd recruitment of Executives through GATE – 2017
ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited
(A Subsidiary of Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited)
CIN NO : U40107KA2006PLC041258 – MSEZ, Permude, Mangalore – 574 509
Advertisement No. 1/2017
Date of opening of online application portal : 18/10/2017
Last date for submission of online applications: 18/11/2017
RECRUITMENT OF EXECUTIVES THROUGH GATE-2017
ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited (OMPL) is promoted by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) and Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) to produce about 913.70 KTPA of Paraxylene and about 283.10 KTPA of Benzene. OMPL is a subsidiary of MRPL. The Company is likely to be scheduled as required by Department of Public Enterprises, Government of India.
OMPL invites application from the eligible Indian Nationals for the following positions. The initial shortlisting of candidates for the selection process will be based on GATE-2017 score. GATE score of 2016 or any other previous examination is not valid.
The details of eligibility criteria regarding disciplines, prescribed educational qualification, age and other eligibility criteria and application procedure is mentioned below:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
|No. of Post
|GATE-2017 papers and Code
|Basic Qualification *
|Chemical Engineering (CH)
|BE/B. Tech – Chemical / Petrochemical Technology
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)
|BE/B. Tech – Instrumentation / Electronics & Instrumentation
|Electronic and Communication Engineering (EC)
|BE/B. Tech – Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & telecommunication
|MSc in Chemistry
|Computer Science (CS)
|B E / B. Tech- Computer Science / information Technology
*B.Sc. Engineering (4 year course) also can apply at par with B.E./B.Tech. Candidates having any other degree/combination degree, example Production Engg. Automobile Engg. Mechatronics, Construction Engg. etc. other than those specifically mentioned above are not eligible to apply. These exclusions are only indicative and not exhaustive. No equivalent qualifications shall be accepted.
The number of posts mentioned above is tentative and may increase or decrease at the discretion of Management. Candidates selected shall be placed at different departments as per the requirement of the Company. The candidates are required to work in shifts.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & OTHER ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Candidate shall possess valid GATE-2017 score in the corresponding GATE-2017 papers mentioned above.
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations (base qualifications specified at above Table-1) and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology /MSc in Chemistry in the above mentioned stream/disciplines from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates applying against Un-reserved posts & posts reserved for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) should have minimum 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree examination (base qualifications specified at above Table-1). Candidates applying against posts reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) and posts reserved/identified suitable for Persons with Disability (PWD) category should have minimum 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree examination (base qualifications specified at above Table-1).
- All qualification must be from UGC recognized Indian University / UGC recognized Indian Deemed University or AICTE approved Autonomous Indian Institution / Concerned Statutory Council (wherever applicable)/Board of Technical Education.
- Minimum aggregate percentage of marks in the essential qualification as indicated above shall be aggregate of all semesters to be calculated taking average of all semesters/years, irrespective of the weightage to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. Aggregate percentage of marks shall not be rounded off (for example 59.99 % not be rounded off as 60 %).
- In case CGPA/OGPA/Grade is awarded by university, the equivalent percentage shall be derived based on the formula provided by the University for converting the grade to percentage. If no formula is prescribed by the University, the equivalence in percentage of marks will be established by multiplying the CGPA/OGPA/Grade by a factor of 10 subject to the condition that the candidate has to submit documentary proof that the University does not have any formula for conversion of CGPA/OGPA/Grade to percentage. Relaxation in percentage of marks in the qualifying examination for SC/ST category is applicable only to the posts reserved for SC/ST as the case may be.
- Engineering Degree can be B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc. Engineering (04 year course).
- Candidates having five years BE/B.Tech + ME/M.Tech integrated dual degree in engineering in relevant discipline shall also be considered at par with B.E /B.Tech/B.Sc. Engineering.
- Candidates pursuing/completed M.Tech in any disciplines, other than those mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed BE/B.Tech/B.Sc. Engineering in one of the above mentioned qualifying degree examination (base qualifications specified at above Table-1) and have valid GATE-2017 score in the above mentioned qualifying degree examination, are eligible to apply.
- Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates will be eligible, if they have already completed the course requirement for award of BE/ B.Tech/B.SC. Engineering in one of the qualifying degree examination (base qualifications specified at above Table-1) and have completed ME/ M.Tech.
- If a candidate pursues integrated ME/M.Tech Programmes and is awarded two separate degrees ie. BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech, then the % of marks/CGPA obtained by the candidates in BE/B.Tech will be considered to determine the eligibility of the candidates.
- If a single degree ie. ME/M.Tech is awarded to the candidates at the end of integrated ME/M.Tech programme, then the consolidated marks obtained by the candidate at the end of integrated ME/M.Tech programme will be reckoned for deciding the eligibility.
RESERVATION OF POSTS, AGE RELAXATION FOR RESERVED CATEGORIES AND PLACE OF POSTING
|No. of posts
|* Upper age limit **
|28 years for UR category (Refer clause IV (c), IV(d) IV(e) and IV(f)
Abbreviations Used: UR-Un reserved, OBC- Other Backward Class (Non-creamy layer), SC-Scheduled Caste, ST-Scheduled Tribe.
* The cutoff date for deciding the maximum permissible age shall be as on last date of submission of online application
a) Posts identified for Persons with Disability (PWD) category
The above posts are identified suitable for candidates belonging to PWD category and having minimum 40% disability as under:
|PWD Category Eligible
Abbreviations Used: OH – Orthopedically Handicapped, OA – One Arm, OL – One Leg, HH – Hearing Handicapped
b) Posts reserved for Persons with Disability (PWD) category Out of total posts, 1 is reserved for PWD category (OH/HH)
c) **Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC category
The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST category by 5 years, only for posts reserved for SC/ST as the case may be. For OBC (Non-Creamy layer) category the age is relaxable by 3(three) years, only for the posts reserved for OBC (Non-creamy layer). For posts in UR category, all candidates have to meet the age limit specified for UR category.
d) **Age relaxation for candidates belonging to Persons with Disability (PwD) category having minimum 40% disability.
In addition to the upper age limit specified above for SC/ST/OBC/UR category, Persons with Disability (PwD) category candidates having minimum 40% disability are entitled for 10 (ten) years relaxation.
e) **Age relaxation for Ex-servicemen.
In case of Ex-servicemen who have put in not less than six months continuous in the Armed Forces of the Union, they shall be allowed to deduct the period of such services from their actual age, and if the resultant age does not exceed by more than 3 years than the maximum age limit prescribed for the posts/ services for which the candidate seeks appointment, he/she be deemed to satisfy the conditions regarding the age limit. Relaxation in age as above shall always confirm to the directives / guidelines / instructions issued by the Government of India from time to time.
f) **For regular employees of OMPL, maximum upper age limit is 45 years subject to meeting all other criteria.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC category (including non-creamy layer) has to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs 750/-(Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty only).Bank charges/Taxes, if any, has to be borne by the candidates. SC / ST / PWD/ Ex-Serviceman/ categories and regular employees of OMPL are exempted from payment of Application fee. The application fee has to be paid through any one of the following modes of payment:
- SBI Internet Banking, other major bank’s Internet Banking; Debit/Credit Cards (The additional bank charges/taxes for all such transactions is to be borne by the candidates in addition to the Application Fee of Rs.750/-.). The last date for making the Payment of Application Fee through this mode is 18.11.2017.
- Cash Payment through e-challan at branches of SBI. The additional bank charges/taxes for Challan Mode is to be borne by the candidates. Last date for making the Payment of Application Fee by e-Challan is 18.11.2017.
- It is in the interest of the candidates to use online mode other than the challan mode to instantly complete the registration process and generate the registered application form.
HOW TO APPLY
A candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria shall log on to “Careers” page of www.ompl.co.in and click on the link “Recruitment through GATE-2017: Advt.No.1/2017”. No other means/mode of application will be accepted
IMPORTANT DATES AND LINKS
|Date of commencement of online application
|18/10/2017 at 10.00 Hrs (IST)
|Date of closing of online application
|18/11/2017 till 23:59 Hrs (IST)
|Last date of submission of Application Fee
|Availability of call letter for Personal Interview
|21 days prior to date of Personal Interview
|Will be announced on OMPL website https://ompl.co.in/
Download the notification for complete details: