IISER Admission Notification for 5 years Integrated BS-MS Dual Degree Program 2012
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) were created in 2006 through a proclamation of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to promote quality education and research in basic sciences. Soon after the announcement, two of these institutes at Pune and Kolkata, respectively, were started in 2006. This was followed by an institute at Mohali (2007) and at Bhopal and Trivandrum in 2008. Each IISER is a degree granting autonomous institution with a prime focus to integrate science education and research, with a motive of attracting bright students and world class faculty.
Admissions to 5 years Integrated BS-MS Dual Degree Program 2012
5 year BS-MS dual degree with major in biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics.
Integrated Ph.D. program after B.Sc. (presently at Kolkata and Pune, coming up soon in other IISERs)
1. Passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination in 2010 or appearing in 2011.
2. Also candidates satisfying at least one of the following three criteria may apply:
(i) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna (KVPY)
Kishore Vaigyanic Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) SX, SB, SA and SP streams. (http://www.iisc.ernet.in/kvpy)
(ii) IIT JEE – 2011
Students obtaining a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII and securing a rank in the regular merit list.
(iii) State / Central Board (DIRECT ADMISSION):
Students with high aggregate scores in board examinations (X and XII) in science stream. and IISER science aptitude test.
BS-MS students will receive either KVPY or INSPIRE scholarship of Rs, 5000/-p.m
The barrier between the traditional disciplines are fast disappearing. Modern research problems span a wide range of areas. It helps to have basic training in a range of disciplines to succeed in modern research. Accordingly, IISER-TVM MS curriculum is designed to be dominantly interdisciplinary.
- The MS programme is of 10 semester duration.
- Each academic year has 2 semesters of roughly 16 weeks each
- Varsha Semester:August-December
- Vasanth Semester:January-May
- The first 2 years(ie. the first 4 semesters) will consist of CORE courses common to all students.
- 3rd and 4th year courses will be specialized in one Major(Biology,Chemistry,Physics or Mathematics) and one or more Minors.
- The fifth year will be devoted to a thesis by research.
For more details and admission procedure click here
IISER Pune website click here
IISER Bhopal website click here
IISER Kolkata website click here
IISER Thiruvananthapuram website click here